Applications for the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted online only.
In its role as a training facility for special education teachers, Centennial School of Lehigh University employs teacher interns and teacher associates to operate its classrooms.
Centennial School is accepting Teacher Intern and Teacher Associate applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Follow instructions below to apply.
- Hold Bachelor's Degrees and Pennsylvania teaching certification in special education.
- Special education teachers from other states who desire to work as a teacher intern at Centennial School must apply for a Pennsylvania teaching license prior to making application if they wish to be considered for the position of teacher intern.
- Teacher interns earn a stipend of $27,000 per year and receive 18 graduate credit hours of tuition remission annually plus full medical and dental benefits.
- Teacher associates have completed a Bachelor’s Degree from a variety of disciplines and aspire to a teaching career in special education. Most teacher associates have degrees in education although many hold degrees in other fields.
- Teacher associates receive a stipend of $24,500 per year and receive 18 graduate credit hours of tuition remission plus full medical and dental benefits.
Working at Centennial has afforded me educational opportunities unlike any other educational environment. I work with incredible, collaborative teachers and mentors who encourage me to do my best work in a safe, supported, positive culture.
Applicants to Centennial School of Lehigh University must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better and a desire to pursue a Master’s Degree in special education or a related field from Lehigh University or other local colleges and universities.
Centennial School begins collecting applications for the coming school year in February.
Screening of applications takes place in April.
Interviews commence in June.
To apply for a position, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- letter of interest
- college transcripts (official or unofficial)
- names and phone number of three professional references
- complete sexual conduct abuse disclosure form - forms will be processed for successful candidates
Centennial School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.